Thursday 24 January 2013

Fears, uncertainties and other setbacks

Am I doing the right thing?

Am I wanting him to quit because of my own pity, selfish issues? Is this why I am making him do something he doesn't want to do ?

Is smoking really harmful? How about the people who live up to 90 or even a 100, puffing and drinking away every day, then falling asleep peacefully when their time is up? Do I have the right to make someone quit something that has become such an integral part of him?

Breathe.

Let's take a step back. It's not me doing anything. S. is a very self-conscious, very self-confident, very  stubborn young man and I would simply not be able to make him do anything he doesn't really want to.

He has asked me for help.

He was not feeling well. He has been wanting to quit for years.

Furthermore, he has put me in charge of the process. To constantly keep him occupied in what is to be several terrible days. We know what is coming, or can at least guess. We have been through it already, but it never worked and went on for more than a few days, perhaps a week.

So no more uncertainties, stop with the fears, it's not about you.

You are here to help.

And that rocky road is ahead, right there, in front of you. So find your yellow brick road already, and get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment