Thursday 7 March 2013

The 32. Day


I asked him how he was doing these days. I don't usually ask, I just listen. But having not talked about this with him for a while now, I decided to ask.

He said it's all good, but there is always something missing. Something very good. Something that is impossible to replace.

He also said he doesn't miss it all the time. He doesn't think about it all the time. I think that's pretty good. S. explained that whenever at work or at home he is done with something and wants to have a break he thinks of going outside, having something nice, a coffee perhaps and also something else. He then thinks of having a cigarette. But he knows he can't have that. This doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen.

S. also told me that he doesn't continuously take the lozenges. He sometimes forgets to have a lozenge all morning. The other day he forgot all about it for 5 hours. He didn't think about cigarettes, lozenges, so anything to do with nicotine for 5 hours, in the middle of the day.

I think this is huge.


No comments:

Post a Comment