Sunday 10 March 2013

The 35. Day


When we met D. and Z. on Saturday, D. (a smoker) said Z. (who quit about 6 months ago) told me the big news that S. was not smoking, so do you have big news? We both looked at her, puzzled. "A., are you pregnant, is that your big news, is this why S. has quit smoking?".

No, we said, he just quit smoking. No, I am not pregnant. It's interesting how you must have a reason to quit. Why can't your reason be that you want to quit?

Yes, we are trying to have a baby, yes, it's been a while. Also, I would never ask anything like this, when people want to tell me something I am happy to listen. But I don't ask.

Although they are good friends, they are close, so I would not mind sharing with them most any sort of news. And I don't mind them asking. I always say to questions like this, that I will tell you when I have such news, don't worry, I won't send you clues, i will tell you the real thing.

People always look at me a bit puzzled when I say this. Not sure why.

-----

I am guilty of not publishing for the the past days, just taking notes. Although I have promised to write a post a day. That's not good. I need to keep writing every day and publishing every day.

I do have two reasons for not posting. My laptop looked like it died on Friday. And it looked like I may have been (at least somewhat) responsible for it. S. nursed it back to life Friday/Saturday. It took at least a day. But now it's back and I have to do my stuff from now on. Every day.

We also have been sick, S. started it, with a bad sore throat, then a cold and cough. I followed him, so we are now both sneezing and coughing.

No more excuses. I have to continue. What would happen if S. stopped quitting for a day, just because of this or just because of that?



No comments:

Post a Comment