Sunday 24 February 2013

The 21. Day

As you can see (if by any chance there are any regular readers out there) I just changed the template. Should I bring the old one back ? I miss it a bit. But I think the text is a bit more legible this way. Am I wrong? All comments welcome!

-----

Last night we went to a gig with friends. While standing in line to get into the venue S. told friends (Z. and M.) that he has been smoke-free for three weeks.
Z.: "You, what?"
S.: "I quit smoking. This is the third week".

Amazement in Z.'s eyes.


It's been 6 months since Z. quit, actually. Quite a guy. He had been a heavy smoker, too.

S. and Z. congratulated each other.

Z.: "Is it difficult?"

S.: "It's not difficult, but I am not enjoying it".

M. said he still very much enjoys the joys of smoking. And told S. with a smile: "Aaah, so you are still at raw stage".

We all laughed.

-----

Have I mentioned that flowers are good for the soul? YES, I have. Well, even better if it is orchids. Or cacti. We have seen both today at the annual
orchid exhibition at Kew Gardens. This was a surprise for him I mentioned in yesterday's post. It was a very cold day in London, but luckily, orchids don't like the cold weather either and we could only marvel at them at the lovely, warm greenhouse, oh, yes. At the Princess of Wales Conservatory, to be exact.
Oh, and we bought three lily bulbs at the gift shop. They are to be planted soon and should bring flowers in June or July. Here is hoping that the room they will live in (our kitchen or living room) will not be a smokey one. No, can't be.


-----


This man has incredible willpower.


Congratulations, S.!

3 weeks done.






The third photo obviously has no orchids in it. It's just a funny plant, looks like someone spilled some paint on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment