Saturday 9 February 2013

The 6. Day


Here is the spinach puree I meant, which I made yesterday. I used to hate this when I was a kid. Now I can't get enough of it! It was a success last night, so apparently, I can make it too.

xxxxx

Yesterday he again said the Lozenges are working out for him. We also talked a bit about how harmful nicotine was but neither of us know too much about this and how harmful it is to the body. I'll need to look this up.

xxxxx

Now I need to say a few words about this lovely place we are staying at.

I wanted to book a hotel with an indoor pool and sauna. Well, both are here, but not in the building. At the reception they said it was a 5 minute walk. It is actually at least 10, you need to walk quite a bit and it is at a sports centre nearby, not at all part of this hotel. When we arrived last night, the sauna was already closed (at 9 pm), though on their website they said it will be open until 10 pm and until 6 pm over the weekend. None of these are true. When I asked for directions at reception they did not mention the sauna was already closed. Interestingly enough, this information had been changed on their website from what I read on there a few days ago. Interestingly enough.
Also, though the wifi is free and worked well last night, today it comes and goes which is quite irritating. The only fulfilling part of not getting what you thought you are paying for is the juicy complaints I shall be writing on booking.com, TripAdviser, etc. over the next few days.

The neighborhood isn't great, but I knew that and don't mind as that's not what we are here for. The good bit is it that the rooms are clean and the bed is alright. Okay, the bed. It is actually two beds pushed together, which we hate. When you ask for a double, give us double, not twins pushed together. Anyways, had I know all of the above I wouldn't have booked this place. No, Sireee.

But let's not forget: S. didn't mind. He is the greatest. He liked that I wanted to surprise him. He was at ease all weekend.

Today (Saturday) we went to Goring and Streatley, two lovely villages right next to each other. I found these villages by chance, when checking what's on offer on the train lines close by. Beautiful landscape. We walked around a lot and had delicious coffee, chili hot chocolate, quiche and cake at the Pierreponts Café.

And it was at this café that I let S. know about the existence of this blog.

I didn't just tell him to look it up. This is how I told him:







No comments:

Post a Comment